[DeTomaso] Federal "Cash for Clunkers" Program

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Mon Jan 5 14:34:14 EST 2009

It makes you wonder about the world these people live in to be able to come up with these ideas.  Do they lay awake at night coming up with this stuff?  Are drugs involved?

Something must be seriously out of whack if you come up with the idea of taxing cow farts.
http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20081230165231.aspx

I am not sure how such a tax would actually reduce cow farts, but it would raises taxes, which stinks.

I have no doubt that right now someone is sitting in a café sipping organic chai latte thinking of a way to raise taxes to protect seals from the sea ice and polar bear population which has been growing due to the cooling effects of global warming.
http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=13834