[DeTomaso] Front wheel bearings cross reference?

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Mon Jan 5 13:56:02 EST 2009

Thanks everyone for the help.

I have now replaced the bearings and seal, and they are apparently the
same on both early and late cars.

I went to the bearing shop I normally get my bearings and U-joints from,
and got Timken bearings.

The bearings are reportedly the same as early Volvo 240, and there is an
SKF set, VKBA-007, that contain both bearings, but the likely the wrong
seal.

I also noticed that the late cars have three piece rotors, as opposed to
the early cars two piece. The disc as flat and can be removed from the
hub assembly. It is held in place with a ring and 12 M5 bolts. I assume
that the hub is the same and that there might be larger diameter discs
that would fit in case one wants to upgrade and have larger wheels.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21