[DeTomaso] modified port plates for 180's

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 00:19:33 EST 2009

I think people have said that the Cleveland exhaust ports were designed with sharp bends to fit the Mustang shock towers.

I think all the aluminum SVO heads (A3 to the latest Nascar heads) have a smoother turn.  It would seem a lot easier, and maybe cheaper, to just use one of the SVO heads and get all the other benefits than start modifying 4V heads.  Of course, you also need a different intake manifold for the raised intake ports.

Ken