[DeTomaso] Quenched Head Rework or Tweaks???

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Sat Jan 3 17:17:25 EST 2009

Jack...I like the Milodon valves you've used expecially if you've gotten that kind of reliability.
The valve weight is an interesting way of using a less powerful spring...interesting
about seat pressures. My heads are cast iron. Lets say you go with a milodon valve
like what you have, a 500-575 lift cam max for both intake and exhaust. From what I've read
125 seat pressure and 350 open pressure should be enough. Did I miss something? Currently
my cam is 498 intake lift and 510 exhaust lift...but I may change later on down the
road to the slightly larger lift numbers...I won't be visiting much past 6000-6500
even with the bigger cam.

Regards,

Tom Borcich