[DeTomaso] The final verdict-EBC rotors

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 16:34:19 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/3/09 8:16:11 AM, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:
snip.....
> Unless you did as one owner apparently did (per Mike Drew) and tack welded
> the Pantera steel studs to the cast iron one-piece unit. Which is a difficult
> weld, and should it fail you will be left with a spinning wheel stud and
> thus a wheel that will be a PITA to get off. Not recommended.

Agreed.   Mangusta #8MA-750 had its rear studs tack-welded in two places
each, and all ten welds had broken. High-carbon steels such as in DeTomaso wheel
studs cannot be consistently welded by arc or gas, and in any case is a band-aid
e to doing the job right. Which involves altering either the studs or the
rotors to fit each other. The one-piece rotor combination is not a bolt-on. My
2¢- J DeRyke