[DeTomaso] Quenched Head Rework or Tweaks???

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Fri Jan 2 23:17:06 EST 2009

Thanks Ken, I also saw the Ferrea valves on Ebay and wasn't sure about their reputation.
Interesting that they appear to be the same valve used in the 460, while other manufacturers
show a different part number.

Jack suggested staying away from the $6 valves. I've seen some Milodon forged stainless
one piece valves in the Summit catalogue...I guess the intakes (part number MIL-45670-8)
can be made from lesser quality stainless while the exhausts (part number MIL-45675-8)
are made from premium 21-4N stainless. They're only $92 per set. It says they have larger
seat margins for many regrinds. They're probably a little heavier which might require a
better spring than stock. It says they're a good replacement for Street, Circle Track and Bracket
Motors. Those would probably work just fine. Anyone had experience with Milodon valves?

Tom Borcich