[DeTomaso] Why use a 351 Cleveland rather then a 351 Windsor??

P. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Fri Jan 2 21:33:27 EST 2009

With your background racing Chevrolets perhaps you should use neither the
351 Windsor or the 351 Cleveland but the latest and greatest Chevrolet
offering. Dare to be different and be ridiculed, teased, criticized and yet
admired. I don't believe the big ported heads are exactly worthless on the
street but Chevrolet affectionatos tend to be unaccustomed to the power
surge that is realized with Cleveland heads at higher rpms. Additionally,
there is a world of difference in the feel of a Windsor powered Pantera and
a Cleveland powered Pantera. Both have their advantages and disadvantages
that numbers alone can not exemplify.

Cheers

Paul