[DeTomaso] MUSTANG ROTORS Stud size

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at provamo.com
Fri Jan 2 14:45:13 EST 2009

I have a bunch of wheel studs as personal spares, but if someone needs some
I probably don't need the 20-30 I have.  I even have one stainless stud...
probably a vendor item, rather than the rest that are OEM/deTomaso.

These are standard length, the longer (GT4/5-ish) ones I am keeping.

Chuck

In a message dated 1/2/09 10 46 30, rimov at charter.net writes:

> What is the stock wheel stud size and are the readily available at any tire
> and wheel shop or are they a vendor only item.

It's not merely the size that's the issue.   There is also the shape, grip
length, etc.

Generally, some studs are knurled right at the end and then smooth to pass
through a rotor, prior to the threads starting, while others are configured the
other way around, like the stock Pantera stud, which is smooth at the end,
then knurled for a bit, then threaded.

Factory studs are ridiculously expensive, but some Pantera vendors carry
identical made-in-USA replacements, and sell them for standard auto shop prices.

If you brought one of your stock studs in to an auto shop, chances are they
wouldn't have a replacement on the shelf, but they might be able to match it.
If you do this, let us know what you find out.

Mike

New year...new news.  Be the first to know what is making