[DeTomaso] Claude DuBois Pantera

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 13:12:02 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/2/09 9:27:02 AM, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> What is the significance of the Dubois lineage other than his firm was
> responsible for original delivery of the car?

Not much; Mr Duboise was the distributor for several countries so quite a
number of DeTomasos passed thru his hands. All narrow-body Panteras sold in
Europe were called 'GTS' by DeTomaso clear thru the mid-'80s which makes it
unremarkable, and there was no special serial number as in U.S. GTS cars. Plus all
other 50xx serial-number cars in the Registry were titled as '73s so I'd wonder
why this one has a '75 title. Could be a number of reasons, some not good. My
2¢- J DeRyke