[DeTomaso] Which Loctite

Ian H ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 12:54:28 EST 2009

I ordered some 66 mustang rotors to replace my front rotors.  I understand that the Pantera metric studs do not fit well and most people just go with the SAE ones, but I would like to keep my studs if possible.  I am thinking of using Loctite retaining compound to keep them in place.  So, I need to know how loose of a fit the studs are so I can get the right compound.  My choices are Loctite 680 for slip fit applications or 638 for press fit applications.  The 680 will fill a larger gap but the 638 is stronger and has a higher temperature resistance.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Ian