[DeTomaso] Ford reopening Cleveland Engine Plant!!!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Feb 27 21:12:43 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/27/09 6 41 18, tborcich at msn.com writes:

> Just heard on the new Ford is reopening the Cleveland engine plant...
> unfortunately they only mentioned building fuel efficient engines...so my
> gut tells me
> that won't include the 351C...ha ha wishful thinking. Hey maybe all the
> vintage 351C people should ask congress for some bailout money for Ford
> to restart production on the 351C?

Coincidentally this was a topic of dinner conversation with my crew tonight.
 Much 'domestic' engine manufacturing has taken place in Canada over the
years (i.e. Windsor, Ontario) due to the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar
and the US dollar; it was literally almost half as expensive to do it up
there.   Now the currencies have swapped positions, so manufacturing jobs are
coming home!

Great news!