[DeTomaso] Brake vacuum tube and hose

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 23:11:05 EST 2009

Can the gates green stripe rubber hose be used for the hose to the master brake cylinder from the metal tube under the car?

The original hose I have is rubber but has some nylon style braided layer on the outside.  This original hose looks very old, possibly original.  Is rubber with stainless braid better as I assume if you get a hole in the tubing the brakes either fail or are weak as hell?

Thanks

CW