[DeTomaso] sway or not.

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed Feb 25 14:36:46 EST 2009

Let me shim in here. The car is equipped with coilovers that has springs.
Those springs gives the car a wheelrate that resist wheel vertical motion.
This is exactly the same as what a swaybar do, the difference is that the
swaybar does NOT add to parallell motion rate of the wheels on the same
axle. So, when the car roll i dose NOT matter if the spring wheel rate
comes from the bar or the coilover spring. We could add coilover
rate as well as adding extra swaybar rate, as fare as roll resistance and
thereby cornering balance are concerned.
The drawback of using NO bars is an overstiff sprunged car in heave.
It is very vise to have this in mind since the cornering balance is NOT
only set by the swaybars, but even the coilover springs. So, a change of
coiloverspring rate will call for another swaybar rate to retain the
balance.

Aside from this arguing, the Pantera original settup might very vell benefit
from no front bar att all.
Goran