[DeTomaso] sway or not.

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 12:57:04 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/25/09 6:41:55 AM, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> How do you adjust the diameter of a bar of steel?  There are different
> sizes and there is hollow and solid, I have never encounted anything else, please
> educate me?

Real racecars use sliding attach points to change the length of a bar's ends,
or blade-type bar ends that rotate and thus change their stiffness. Not easy
on a Pantera- one needs to relocate the bar mounts so that links can be used
between the bar and a-arm. And depending on where the bar is located, the
diameter needed may change radically. Our stock rear bar has such long ends that
the effective stiffness is much less than in the front bar with its shorter
arms. Cheers- J Deryke