[DeTomaso] Tire and wheel sizes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 16:15:54 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/24/09 10:30:29 AM, JJD1010 at aol.com writes:

> One of the guys in Oklahoma runs without a front sway bar and swears  by
> it. He'll be running at Hallet in a couple of weeks, maybe he can report
> back.

FWIW, we tried this autocrossing- at LOW SPEED. The handling was definitely
"changed"- to something like a '60s Buick in the amount of body-lean and
rocker-panel scraping. NOT recommended- I can't imagine running like this at
triple-digit speeds on pavement. Maybe it would work in dirt hill-climbs like the old
Pikes Peak. Our runs were with a 7/8 bar, then with a custom 1-1/4" dia rear
swaybar. After three tries, we added a 5/8" dia custom front bar to cure the
driver's seasickness..... This last combo worked well with 8" front wheels &
10" rears running gumball slicks on blacktop. Good luck- J DeRyke

Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.f
reecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3Dfe
bemailfooterNO62)