[DeTomaso] Tire and wheel sizes

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 11:18:33 EST 2009

A suggestion....

Someone (no, not me. I've got enough going on...) might want to take
on doing a re-test with modern sticky tires and larger wheels.

I've heard this sway bar recommendation for years, followed the advice
early on and was happy. And, as long as the car is 'stock', OK.. it's
probably still relevant.

I personally upgraded and run 1" sway bars all around and went to this
after driving for years with the 7/8" rear and 3/4" front. I firmly
believe my handling improved substantially with the 1" bars, contrary
to other advice I received, and I like the way the car handles.
Instructors at the track have commented similarly. But I do run Avon
slicks on the track.

Now, if I could only get Dennis to finish it and get it out of the
paint shop.... I could hit the track again with a Pantera.

FWIW,
Kirby