[DeTomaso] Tire and wheel sizes

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 10:51:20 EST 2009

Brent,

You wrote:

Ah, actually, funny that you mention that.  In fact, the Pantera is
down at Performance Art in Gilroy right now getting corner balanced
among other things, and i was about to post a question to the board re:
the best source for a new sway bar.

This is what i was considering going with:

http://precisionproformance.com/sc1050.htm

Question is, 1" vs 7/8" ?   Suggestions, recommendations?

>>>When PCNC conducted a handling clinic/sway bar test many years ago,
we instrumented a Pantera and then changed sway bars incrementally.  We
expected to see continued improved cornering performance as the bars
got bigger, and were surprised to learn that the optimal setup was 7/8"
front and rear.  Cornering power actually went DOWN when we went to
1-inch bars, the theory being that the suspension was now too stiff and
the car itself was flexing, acting as an undamped spring.

Go for the 7/8" bar, you'll be quite happy with the result.  And if
you're feeling spendy, go for the Spherebar swaybar mounts while you're
at it. :>)