[DeTomaso] MSD "Lazer Gauges"

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 19:09:31 EST 2009

    I found out late about the MSD line of gauges which they recently discontinued.  They are pretty cool, and a lot of them are still available at 1/4 or less than the original prices, but not a big selection:

http://www.statracing.com/buy/msd-lazer-gauge.asp

    It occurred to me that with the right interface, and a overlay over the face of the gauge, they could be adapted to a wide range of uses.  I found a detailed patent on the technology.  If anyone is interested in playing with them, drop me an email and I'll email the patent.  I have a source for several basic models (no speedometer) for around $50 each.

Ken