[DeTomaso] 230 Miles Later

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 18:32:00 EST 2009

The Pantera has 230 more good miles on it this afternoon than it did this morning. Along with
Art Stephens in his '72, Brady and I drove down the 5Fwy and climber from the Pacific Ocean
over Ortega Highway to the jump off point for hang gliders over Lake Elsinore. A short drive
south on Hwy 15 past historic Temecula and then inland along scenic route 79 over Sunshine
Summit and past the glider port to Warner Springs. We were probably a month or so too early
for the wild flowers in the mountain meadows, but they were still green from the recent
rains. We wrapped around the Palomar Observatory before stopping for lunch at the Pala
Resort and Spa. Good food, great scenic drive, a little less rubber on the tires, a lot more
ringing in me exhaust deaf ears, and a big smile on all our faces......230 miles later.