[DeTomaso] ZF oil capacity

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Feb 21 16:16:31 EST 2009

The ZF manual says 3.5 liters which is a tad (admittedly small) more than 3.5 quarts. From filling my dash-1 trans my experience is that filling to the lower edge of the side mounted plug gives you a smaller amount of oil than 3.5 liters. There's an access cover on the right hand side of the trans, p/n 129 in the ZF manual, where you would be able to fill the trans with the recommended amount of fluid if you wanted to play it safe.

Tomas