[DeTomaso] headlights vs temp guage

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sat Feb 21 01:09:51 EST 2009

Peter,

I don't know why it would do that and I promised my wife I wouldn't  think
about it. But I probably will think about it. Who knows?

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 2/20/2009 6:56:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

In a  message dated 2/20/09 18 01 3, peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net  writes:

> Is there any reason my temp guage should read 25  degrees higher when my
> lights are on? I am quite sure my headlights  do generate enough heat to
the
> radiator. Thoughts?

If you look, you'll see your other gauges are jumping too--fuel  quantity and
oil pressure.   Mine do the same thing, and it's  quite annoying.

Electricity is all PFM to me, but I believe the issue  has to do with
inadequate grounding of the gauge illumination  circuit.   In my car, the
gauges jump
when the first position  (parking lights) are selected also.

In the short term, I am just  keeping it in mind and adding a mental
correction factor whenever the  lights are on.   In the longer term, I'm
hoping I can
sic an  Electrical Guru on it.

I have a sneaking feeling they're going to tell  me to do something I really
don't want to have to do--reach under the car  and clean/improve the
grounding
at the stud that's buried somewhere under  the dash.   Groan.

Mike

Need a  job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntus
yelp00000003)

Detomaso  Forum Managed by POCA

Archive Search Engine Now Available at  http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/