[DeTomaso] Dumb techno question: Earl's Fuel Filters

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 21:52:25 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/20/09 17 30 43, cengles at cox.net writes:

>            The dumb techno question: Is it a good idea to simply run the
> parts through the parts cleaner and re-assemble?     Is it a better idea to buy
> a new Earl's Fuel Filter?

They use a fine metal screen, which is cleanable and reuseable.   I think you
can also buy new filtering elements, vice the whole assembly.

I'd just clean it out and give it a shot.   When I was busy sucking up a
bedspread out of my gas tank one piece at a time, I cleaned my filter innumerable
times.   It always worked great, until it became clogged up again....