[DeTomaso] Glad my ears still work

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 01:18:42 EST 2009

Gasoline stories? Sure, how about this...

Before my purchase, a previous owner had removed a Holley Pro-Jection 4 that had been
installed on 2511. Now being an EFI system, it needed a return line. Evidently it had been
plumbed into a hole tapped into the side of the Hall Pantera curved gas filler neck. But upon
removal of the return line, the hole was just left unplugged.

So there I am refueling, shortly after purchase, when I realize fuel is somehow, somewhere,
escaping near the nozzle....and dropping down onto the header tubes. The hot header tubes.

I somehow averted fire, explosion and heart attack and went home and found a nice brass plug
to fill the newly discovered hole.

Larry