[DeTomaso] Glad my ears still work

adin at frontier.net adin at frontier.net
Thu Feb 19 10:53:00 EST 2009

Boyd, I'm going to reply to the list, as I'm no expert.

The safety of such a system would have to be viewed, imo.  If the
lines go through a bulkhead or near the exhaust you have addtional
issues.  Also, running fuel past the plane of the flywheel (clutch
failure) is certainly an issue w/ some race organizations.  Some
competition venues REQUIRE metal lines. If you are just a street guy,
common sense thinking should get you by.

As I remember, in the Pantera the only probable danger is the
proximity to the headers.  A little "stress loop" between the chassis
and motor (flex) would be desireable.

Hopefully, we will get some more/better input about this.  Sounds like
you are thinking about safety - that's good.

Any other help????

Hope this makes some sense for you.

David