[DeTomaso] Pantera sold on eBay

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:45:18 EST 2009

So Gentlemen, what';s the lesson.

1) eBay is a fine instrument for being taken if you don't follow the rules.

2) Have somebody go inspect the car if you can't.

3) an airline ticket is way cheaper insurance before you turn over cash and
gives you the ability walk away before it's yours

4) Crap is worth what somebody will pay for it, no more, no less

5) 99% of the time on cars, you only make money when you buy them right, not
when you sell them.

6) This hobby is like Vegas, you don't play with money that you can't afford
to lose.

7) You meet the nicest people on a Honda, you meet the world's biggest
scumbags when you sell exotic cars.
because in order to play in that field you generally started with smaller
and cheaper cars and screwed people over
on your way to the top of the food chain.  Buy from people you know or from
people who know people you know.

8) a reserve is what it says and any seller with a brain knows that the car
might not sell, but eBay eggs you on in the last 3 days with
Hey, asshole, lower your reserve ( because what that really means is that
unless you sell the car, we only get the listing fee and no commission % )
You can't bid on your own stuff, you can have a friend do it for you, but
then you still have to pay the sales commission.
So if you don't want to follow through, the best thing is to just let it die
below the reserve, it's a cheaper way out.

9) get Mike Drew to go look at the car, test drive it, work on it for free
and then deliver it, that my friends is Freaking priceless.

BONUS LIFE LESSON.

10) all self made gagillionaires who are "incredibily nice guys" ( sick of
hearing that one ) were at some point in their lives
real SOB's, that's how they got there, they only get to be nice now because
they already have theirs.

Michael "Cynical in Savannah"