[DeTomaso] Pantera sold on eBay-I'm still skeptical

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 08:52:34 EST 2009

Kerry, what's irresponsible about buying what you want at a price you
like? If the bidding stops at $20k on a car with a $25K reserve and you're
happy to pay $30k for it, what's wrong with increasing your bid to $25K.
You're happy to buy a car you think is a steal, the seller is happy
because he sold a car for a price he set. If you don't increase your bid,
you're not going to get the car because some other bidder wasn't willing
to pay anywhere close to what the car is worth.....you and the seller lose
because another bidder is being unreasonable. Why let that third party
spoil the party and lose the car you want??? In my mind, that is really
irresponsible! You seem to think that the losing bidder (runner up) should
set the price. I think the winner bidder should set the price. Scott

"IMHO, bidding up a car to reach the reserve is financially irresponsible.

I think that all you would need to do is be the high bidder and "wait for
the call (or e mail message)" from the seller as to what he/she really
would take for the vehicle.

Otherwise, the buyer is leaving money on the table.

I guess the acid test will be to see if the car comes up for sale again in
the future."