[DeTomaso]   Pantera sold on eBay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 15:04:41 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/17/09 11 50 22, kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com writes:

> I don't have any experience with eBay, but the bidding pattern is
> certainly suspect. The winning bidder bid against himself from $30K to
> the "winning" bid of $35K in the space of 50 minutes.
>

> Maybe we will see this car come up for auction again...

You gotta read the fine print.   The bidding history does not show automatic
bids.   So, somebody put in a bid with a 'max bid' of 30K, let's say.   Then
somebody else manually bids $20K.   E-bay accepts his bid and raises it to
$21K.   E-bay accepts that and raises it again, and so on until the manual bidder
either quits, or he makes a bid higher than the automatic bidder's max bid.
The manual bidder is then in the lead, and E-bay sends an e-mail to the
automatic bidder, telling him that he's been outbid, and offering him the chance
raise his stated max bid.

And so on...