[DeTomaso] Another mirror question - what mirror type is this? Bjoern Flesland bflesland at gmail.com

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 14:35:04 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/17/09 7:03:09 AM, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:
snip.....
> There is a later style of mirror, from a later Dodge (Omni?), that looks
> much the same.

..... and both sides of some Omni mirrors have inside-adjust cables and work
well as long as the Pantera doesn't carry big rear flares. If you're handy, an
oddly-contoured spacer-block, different on each side & made of wood or other
materals can be used to expand the field of view even more. Rather than
depending on epoxy to hold mirrors to glass (we were at a banquet with cars nearby
when one of MD Antenucci's new glue-on mirrors fell on the ground- with no one
within 20 feet of the car!),   I substituted plexiglas for our front quarter
windows. I drilled screw holes thru the plexi into the mirrors, with the
tilt-spacers and cable controls on the same screws to mechanically hold everything.
Judy and I have had these cable-adjustables on our 'L' since the mid-90s with
good results (only one ticket in all those years).
You can mount BMW electric mirrors on a Pantera. Two Nor-Cal members use
these, their mirrors with fabricated steel tilt-spacers and the switches on the
center console. Wrecked "ultimate driving machines" are fairly common in CA
junkyards and the mirrors are (or were) reasonably priced. FWIW- J DeRyke