[DeTomaso] Fw: Compu-Tronix Distributorless Ignition Systems

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 09:20:10 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Erik Anderson <
eanderson at geotracinternational.com> wrote:

> I've been doing research all weekend on DIS.  The major limitation of the
> DIS8 is that it does not allow you to change the advance curve.  Can anyone
> confirm if this is NOT correct?

I think you *can* change the curve in the traditional way.  It used
centrifugal advance, so you could change the springs and/or the weights.
The electronics are in the top and it looks like they just pop off giving
you access to the advance set inside.

I'm not sure why they didn't just make it fully digital except to save on
cost I suppose.  It would be cool to just plug in a USB cable to the head
and adjust the curve with a laptop.  Maybe that product is in development.
They're halfway there already.

sean

--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '60 Metro, '59 A35, '71 Pantera