[DeTomaso] Pantera sold on ebay

RFogle1 at aol.com RFogle1 at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 09:04:32 EST 2009

I looked at this car Sat. and the auction was over on Sunday.  Sat.  night
when I checked there were no bids.  I was really only able to look at  the front
and about half of the passenger side, as it was back in the corner of  a two
car basement garage with three other cars.  He was reluctant to move  all the
other cars to get the Pantera out as the weather was iffy, its  Ohio.

The car had a number of "improvements", and the list was long, but it's not
written down anywhere.  He was older and hadn't worked on the car in a long
time, but it did start up pretty easily after he hit the carb throats with a
little gas from a Stadium Mustard squeeze bottle, that was rolling  around in
the back of his old pickup.  It was loud, backed up  against the cement block
wall, I think the whole house was vibrating.   Seller told me he applied five
or more gallons of undercoating to the car not  long after purchasing it.  The
undercoating had dripped everywhere.   He was the second owner, bought it in
74 or so.   It appears he  preferred to work on it than drive it.  He said the
original owner had  installed a Boss 351.

Seller had installed a GM brake master cylinder and calipers off of a
Chrysler Cordoba in an effort to improve braking.  I felt the irony  of the Hawaii
5-0, Pantera,  Ricardo Montalban, Cordoba  circle.   I was not able to look at
many of the modifications he  made.  After market seats were not adding any
value.  They looked  like the old barrel shaped bar stools you'd see in a lounge
lizard kind of  establishment.  No forward or aft adjustment that I could
see.   Thankfully they were cloth and not Corinthian Leather.  As for the
mileage,  the passenger door was tight, no sag.  It may well have be an  extremely
low mileage car.  He did show me two additional sets of  wheels and tires, one
with well worn rubber, that went with the  car.  The rubber on the car still
had the nubs intact all the way  around, he said they were 4 years old.  I don't
think anyone got a better  look at it than I did before the end of the
auction.  I suspect it was  purchased site unseen.  Ron

Ronald M. Fogle

President
Cuyahoga Valley Management, Inc.
PO Box  102
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44222
330-592-5189 phone
216-581-6494 fax

In a message dated 2/16/2009 12:57:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,