[DeTomaso] trunnion lube

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 02:36:05 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/16/09 6:07:11 PM, cengles at cox.net writes:

> I have the Pantera Performance Center upgrade trunnion bearing.  I have
> used some Griot's teflon  type spray lube and currently I am using some similar
> (and cheaper) bicycle non-petroleum based lubricant......

Thanks to the nearby headers and the undercar airflow in a Pantera, the area
near the trunnion gets REALLY HOT! Thats why urethane motormounts melt in
hard-driven Panteras, and urethane typically can handle 250 F degrees....and
they're further away from the headers than the trunnion bearing. The factory
recommended plain motor oil, delivered with a syringe and small hose; I suggest
synthetic motor oil, Dri-Slide used on all-weather weapons or maybe some sort of
graphite. Whatever you use WILL be baked dry in short order.   Good luck- J
Deryke