[DeTomaso] Considering a new distributor ...

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Mon Feb 16 14:51:29 EST 2009

michael at michaelshortt.com skrev:
> It has to having missing teeth to work

Some audis used a sensor close to the flywheel gear and another one
sensor close to a pin that was stuck into a hole drilled into the
flywheel. The pin gave it the index, and the teeth the position on the rev.

I think all the 5 banger gas audis I've had used this. It also needed a
sensor in the dist, it still had a distributor, to know what stroke it
was on. A five banger have no parallel cylinders so it can't use a
wasted spark system.

I'm adapting an EDIS8 system to my Pantera, and I have attached a 36-1
tooth trigger wheel to the crank pulley. I'll be using a cam sensor from
4 liter Ford V6 to drive the oil pump and provide a cylinder id signal
to the SEFI. Timing will be controlled from the Ford EFI.

You can also use EDIS8 with a MegaSpark controller just for ignition.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21