[DeTomaso] Considering a new distributor ...

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Mon Feb 16 10:02:48 EST 2009

Larry - Ohio Time Corp skrev:
> Hi Rich,
>
> Is it not normal to just fire the plug an extra time during the exhaust
> stroke?

Depends on if he has 4 dual output or 8 single output coils.

On a system with 4 dual output coils (wasted spark) there will be two
plugs firing simultaneously, one on the compression stroke and one on
the exhaust stroke. It does not need a cam sensor for the ignition,
unless one needs different timing on the two cylinders at TDC.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21