[DeTomaso] Lincoln Mig welder

Bohdan Goyaniuk andriykoisg at yahoo.ca
Sun Feb 15 18:22:32 EST 2009

I have a Lincoln Power Mig 140C.  I took some MIG welding training as well to learn the welding "tricks".

I had spent quite a lot of time researching a good home MIG welder.  If you want to use 120Volts the 140C is the way to go.  If you want to go 220V for a home welder (extention cord to your dryer) the 180C is your choice.  These welders are good for auto sheet metal using a stitch welding technique.  They can do metal up to 1/4 inch thick (more the 180C).

The Lincoln Power Migs are a little more expensive than the SP135 but you get what you pay for:  Better drive system;  Better striking of arc;   Easy hook up to optional spool gun to weld aluminum;  Continuous Variable power settings versus indexed; ... among other things are just a few of the better features.

HTH

B.G.