[DeTomaso] Is there a Speed Shop in Las Vegas?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 10:47:56 EST 2009

Yeah, that valley is a LOT BIGGER than it looks, on one of my first visits
to LV when I was younger, dumber and didn't know about calling ahead for
town cars that are $5 more than taxis, I landed at McCarin and saw my hotel
sticking up and took a look at the really loooooooooooooooong taxi line and
since it was a quick trip for one night and I only had a small carry on, I
thought WTF, I'll walk over there.

What a stupid move that was, the only reason it looks close was because it
was so freaking big and the valley puts everything out of scale.

I have no idea how far it is from side to side, but ever since then I've
made a habit out of guessing distances relative to the view, for instance I
had an appt in Salt Lake City, another city in a valley, obviously longways,
it's a big place but side ways, maybe you think, not so far, you
can"clearly" see the sides, trees, houses, etc.  Try 45 minutes to drive it
from base to base. sideways. From the Mormon Monument "You can see it from
here" to the other end of the valley looks like 1oo miles, I bet it is even
more.
We don't have places like that on the east coast, if it looks close over
here, it is, if it looks far away, usually you are surprised how close it
actually might be.

Michael in Savannah