[DeTomaso] Lincoln Mig welder

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 09:29:19 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Will Demelo <wdemelo at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> Is anyone using a Lincoln SP135? I have a nearly new one that won't weld
> worth a crap. Anyone out there with better results?

I used to have one, and I welded a whole car with it:
http://suprang.comand welded the fender and floorpans on my '68
fastback
http://www.spkorb.org/mustang.html.  Sheetmetal was no problem but I also
welded thinwall tubing and 3/16 plate http://www.spkorb.org/monza.html.
That took a lot more patience.  I had to stay in the puddle for a long time
to weld thick stuff.

I had the MIG kit installed on it.  I didn't care for the way the flux-core
wire spattered.  I had to play a lot with the wire speed to be sure it was
slow enough to keep a puddle going and it was slow and laborious.  If you
can learn to weld with it, you will be shocked at how a real welder feels.

Now I have a nice Lincoln Power MIG 250 that was a floor model.  It's not as
portable as the 135 was so I miss it for that.  But it makes the 135 look
like a miserable little welder and it would be hard to go back to it.

sean

--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '60 Metro, '59 A35, '71 Pantera