[DeTomaso] Dinner with Claude Dubois tonight....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Feb 14 10:55:59 EST 2009

Hi guys,

I'm about to head to the San Francisco airport to pick up Claude Dubois, at
noon.   He's on a whirlwind car-buying trip, scooping up good cars here (not
just Panteras) to export to Europe and sell them.   So we're going to be going
to Speciality Sales in Pleasanton, and then Benecia (although we may not get to
the Benecia shop until tomorrow).

We're going to end up at my house in Vacaville.   I don't know where we're
going to go to dinner, but anybody is welcome to join us.   A meal with Claude
is something to be remembered; he is a master storyteller, a genuine raconteur
and dyed-in-the-wool rascal, with a perpetual twinkle in his eye that lets you
know he's always up to something.

Like the time when he was racing a Ferrari 250 GTO on the Tour de France (a
multi-day event similar in format to the bicycle race), and another driver was
being a real jerk.   So on the second day, he got the nastiest, funkiest
cheese he could find (and in France that's saying something) and hid it under the
guy's seat, right on top of the exhaust system.   For the rest of the week-long
event, the car smelled so foul that the event marshals could literally smell
it even before it stopped in front of them.   The guy searched all over the
place trying to find the source of the smell but never did, so he suffered
through the whole event that way. :>)

I am told that today is some sort of holiday or something, and that dinner
reservations at better restaurants may be hard to come by, so we'll probably
wind up at someplace that's not particularly upscale, but definitely good, solid
food.   Give me a call on my cell (707) 628-3317 if you want to hook up
somewhere along the way....