[DeTomaso] Koni shock bushings?

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sat Feb 14 04:27:39 EST 2009

Rubbeer bushings for shocks is okay for a standard crusing car,
but not for a sportscar if we intend to drive it in a sporty fashion.
This is due to its flexibility that steals schock piston movements
away from wheel mowement. Particulary on fast small road bump
movements. this means that paying big bucks for exclusive
dampers will be much of a waist if using rubber mounts. Road
noise will however suffer some, but not to the same extent as
solid A-arm bushings since the schock is not solid but two parts.
We should NOT use solid metal bushings for schocks since the
working forces should be centred in the shock shaft and piston
system, where a solid bushing will create some bindings that
create shock wear. Spherical bearings is the way to go, that let
the shock rod come free from angle stress loads.
Regards
Goran