[DeTomaso] Koni shock bushings?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 17:08:08 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/13/09 12:14:43 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> I just checked one Pantera vendor, and the shock bushings are listed at $45
> each.  That's nearly $400 for eight of them.

Ya gotta really want STOCK! And thats why I found that stock 1972 rubber
bushings were the same as what Koni used; I knocked the undamaged top ones out of
a pair of old blue Aristons and slipped them into my early Konis, for another
year of running before they, too failed. By then I had some poly bushings, and
no collapsing bushings since. It was always the lowers on the rear shocks
that failed-probably due to the extra weight back there. Then in '07, I changed
to modern gas-Konis with spherical rod-ends; in a few more years I'll give an
update on how long these all-metal inserts last. I have already found them to
be no noisier than OEM rubber. FWIW- J Deryke