[DeTomaso] Koni shock bushings?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 14:03:40 EST 2009

Hi guys,

Alain Guerin in France is helping to restore an original factory Gr3 race
Pantera #5512, which among other things competed in the Tour de France in 1973.
The car is equipped with De Tomaso optional Koni shocks (not the modern Konis
that Dennis Quella and Marino Perna sell, but rather the OEM replacement
shocks which use the stock springs).

The bushings in these shocks are totally shot, and he's not having any luck
sourcing replacements.   I seem to recall others here having the same problem,
and ultimately a solution being reached.   Anybody have any leads?