[DeTomaso] Ultra Copper RTV and O2 Sensors

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 12:54:48 EST 2009

I searched the archive for information about Ultra Copper RTV Silicone
and all the posts seemed very old. I recently purchased (OK, actually
my wife gave it to me for Christmas) the Innovate A/F ratio system
that includes bungs and O2 sensors. I removed the exhaust manifolds and
had bungs welded into both collectors. I'm ready to reinstall the headers
and plan to use gaskets and Permatex Ultra Copper RTV to seal the headers
to the heads. I talked with Innovate and they said to run the car to burn off
any RTV because it will kill the sensor. Ultra Copper says it's sensor safe.
Anyone have any experience....good or bad..... with this application? I don't
want leaks and I don't want a dead sensor.