[DeTomaso] Fluidyne and Spal fan issue with Mounting fans

Michael J Becker mikebecker at cox.net
Thu Feb 12 22:56:13 EST 2009

Clay,
I have the Flex-a-lite 2-fan shroud, but this could probably work with other
fans as well.  I just fabricated brackets using scrap polished stainless.
They are pop-riveted to the top and bottom radiator panels.  There is just a
small amount of clearance between the panel and the coolant tubes, so be
very careful when drilling.  I used a sleeve on the drill bit, but just to
be sure I drilled very slow and with very little pressure.  Also use a
relatively short rivet so you don't risk damaging a tube while inserting it.
The mounting screw which attaches to the shroud is just a long screw
(secured with a nut) on the piece of sheet metal.  Here are some pictures...
http://www.sandiegopanteras.com/temp/radbrack.htm