[DeTomaso] Straight up.....

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:00:07 EST 2009

 would you need to increase jet size to gain the potential hp ?

Those are all good questions. As I understand it, there would be four
choices. One: leave it alone. Two: seat of the pants and rule of thumb
modifications to the carb & timing. Three: chassis dyno tuning. Four: use of
an air-fuel meter (is that right?) a modern contraption that provides some
real data about the combustion efficiency via the exhaust gas analysis.

Of those, the chassis dyno would be my choice. Dumb question: are you aware
of any chassis dynos in your city in Spain?

A chassis dyno would be my choice as well, as it is the only unbiased
measure.

I am aware of a chassis dyno in the UK. I am not aware of any others,
although I imagine that others exist.

I am unaware of any in either Spain or France, let alone my city.