[DeTomaso] Straight up.....

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:05:08 EST 2009

Come to TEXAS and do that for 118 miles through the mountaind and valleys....at least once.
Big Bend Open Road Race is on 25 April 2009.
Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa> From: MikeLDrew at aol.com> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 02:36:50 -0500> To: detomaso at realbig.com> Subject: [DeTomaso] Straight up.....> > Hi guys,> > On Saturday, I drove my Pantera up to Yuba City (which is hardly a city at > all), where a friend of mine owns a muffler shop. I went up there to gut my > Euro GTS mufflers and free up all the horsepower they are robbing. More on > that later, but I just wanted to talk about my drive home.> > There are really no direct roads from my house to Yuba City, and the only > options are going a very roundabout route on freeways, or a somewhat more direct > routing on two-lane roads. It shouldn't take much of guess to know which way > I chose.> > These were not mountain roads, but rather extremely flat roads through > farmland, sometimes gently curving as they followed the path of a river, but mostly > going straight in between fields. I was coming home in the middle of the > night (approaching midnight), on totally empty two-lane roads that were mostly > straight and flat, with nary a soul around. I wasn't paying too much attention > to the gauges; instead I was enjoying the exhaust sound (hardly changed at > all inside the car) and the view. Eventually I looked down and saw that both > needles were pointed straight up. 4000+ rpm, about 105 mph, in a 55 mph zone.> > That is really where a Pantera comes into its own.> > I drove that way for quite a few miles, really enjoying the car, and the > drive. I did note that the windows were fogging up because I still haven't > installed the heater hoses, and eventually I had to slow down and wipe the inside > of the glass a bit. Just about then I got to the freeway, and had an > uneventful drive home the rest of the way, moving just faster than the flow of traffic > around me.> > Now, days later, I'm still smiling at the thought of those few minutes spent > flying across the central valley, needles pointing skyward...:>)> > Mike> > > **************> The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy > Awards. AOL Music takes you there. > (http://music.aol.com/grammys?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000002)> _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso