[DeTomaso] Straight up.....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 09:41:35 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/12/09 6 32 18, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> Mike - did you do any pre-mod testing to be able to quantify sound volume?
> Decibel readings from x feet away at 2000 rpm or something?

Yeah, that would have been good to do, for the purposes of evaluation.

But, no. :<(   It wasn't until after we were done that my friend casually
mentioned he had a DB meter in his toolbox.

D'oh!

Oh well, I'll just fall back on the old Total Quality Management dictum:

"Never measure anything you can't change, or won't use to make a decision".

I was already committed to freeing up the horsepower, and I was going to
endeavor to make the muffler as quiet as I could, knowing that it might still wind
up a bit louder than before.   But now I do wish I had before-and-after sound
numbers....

>From the seat of the pants, the car feels a bit faster, particularly on the
top end.   But my motor sucks anyway, so it's not saying much.