[DeTomaso] tire pressure help needed-Jim brings up a GOOD point

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:34:24 EST 2009

Absolutely!

I can also relay another story of my own that happened in 2007.

I decided to do better in the Hilton Head Island Concourse event that I
would put on the original, freshly refinished and newly stickered Campys on
the car for the show,
I also decided to drive it over there with those tires/wheels on the car.

I about crapped my pants!  the car was a handful to drive, wallowed all over
the place, would not hook up, I about drove it into a ditch, it was in a
word, scary!

With my 245-40-17 and 335-35-17 tires, it's a freaking go cart, drives like
it is on rails, I can make it do about anything I want, but on those
original sized wheels and tires,
 I sat up straight and drove like Grandma going to church, they will never
see the pavement again unless it's for a show and unless they can be changed
when I get there.

Michael in Savannah