[DeTomaso] ZF ring-gear safety wire

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Feb 10 00:30:57 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/9/09 3:55:13 PM, davel at emspace.com writes:

> Ahhh well Jack. The heavily-populated region of BC, Canada is called "The
> Lower Mainland"....

Say no more- all smog- bets are off outside the U.S; Sorry.
IMHO, a 351C will likely never pass smog testing with an 830-cfm carb, no
matter what you do. I'd beg or borrow a smaller carb- like a 600 or 650 and not a
double-pump- and bolt that on, then tune the rest to suit for the test.
Afterwards, if you really want the big drag-race carb, replace it and re-tune. Back
a couple of decades when I had to pass smog testing in restrictive CA, I ran
a 600 vac-sec for testing, and also knew to add about 10% methanol to premium
gas, and made sure the engine was smoking-hot just before the test. CO2
readings will radically increase with methanol but unburned hydrocarbons will drop
just as radically. Good luck- J Deryke