[DeTomaso] tire pressure help needed

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 23:37:59 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/9/09 3:51:13 PM, kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com writes:

> Would someone please tell me what the recommended tire pressure is for Toyo
> Proxes 4's and ST's mounted on 15" factory 8's and 10's?

The size of the tires or wheels means little; it depends entirely on how you
drive the car & your pain tolerance. Road/track surfaces will dictate what
works best. Generally, more pressure means more precision in the steering and
handling, and a rougher ride..... but my wife also drives it and seems not to
mind the better handling and rougher ride. On the street in our '72 L model, I
run 32 psi in front and 36 in the rear. For road trips, I increase the pressures
to 36 frt/40 rear and for open tracks, I've run as much as 45 frt/50 psi
rear. Very high speeds need higher pressures; the surest way to fail a tire is to
run it soft when going fast. Higher pressures increase handling noticably but
driving home with things this high will cause your fillings to swap teeth.
Good luck- J Deryke