[DeTomaso] ZF ring-gear safety wire

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 01:24:58 EST 2009

 My recollection is that at one chapter meet they inspected all the cars and none had loose bolts.
My understanding is that if you look at the side of the ring gear where the bolt ends come thru you can easily tell if one is beginning to back out.? If none are, none are loose.

Seems to me it's easier just to check at each transaxle lube change than to go thru a lot of work for a problem that will probably never develop

Jim? Oddie