[DeTomaso] Taurus Window Motors Source? Remember to Buy the REAR Window Motors if Buying Used.

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 7 00:22:27 EST 2009

Guys:

Well, I  have to admit that I did the same thing that Thomas did.  I bought
and paid for two sets of motors, and received both sets quickly and in
perfect condition, no problems at all.  Then I ordered a third pair of
motors, and that's the last I've heard from the guy.  My last email from him
was about a month ago, and his reply at that time was that the wrecking yard
he gets his motors from was under a couple feet of snow.

So I'm going to be positive and hopeful.... and dream I'll get my motors
this coming spring....

But in the meantime, take a look on eBay, or at the local "Pick 'n Pull"
wrecking yard.  If you do go to a wrecking yard, specify the rear window
motors.  Ford Taurus,  late '80s to mid '90s.  Also if going the "used"
motor route, remember to get REAR window motors.  Typically the rear windows
have very little use when compared to the front window motors.  So you might
as well get the best motors you can.

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"